Saturdays, 10:30am-11:30, $5
Every Saturday morning we run a Pokemon league where players ages 8-12 can trade cards to construct winning decks, challenge fellow league players, earn prizes, and develop stronger social and strategic skills. This event is designed as a smaller and more casual alternative to larger events offered elsewhere. Here’s how our league works:
- Each league season lasts 6 weeks.
- Each week, we pair up players for battles based on cumulative rank.
- Once paired, league members play a match consisting of 3 games against the same opponent, with match points awarded as follows:
- 1 point per game finished, win or lose.
- 1 point for winning the match, which means winning 2 out of the 3 games.
- A forfeit gives the forfeiting player no game points and the other player a win.
- During the 6th week, top ranked players receive booster prize packs, with the number of packs dependent on the total number of players during the season. We also give out league promo cards and raffle off random goodies – everyone goes home with giveaways.
Here are some rules and regulations
- The cost to attend the league is $5 per person per week.
- Parents are welcome to leave their children during the league, but we need reliable contact information.
- All tables in our play space will be dedicated to Pokemon players, please be aware of this if you plan to hang out in the shop during league hours.
- Card trading is not allowed while playing a match.
- League hours are not a good time to learn how to play Pokemon. If you’d like help learning the game, see here for details on our lessons.
- Sorry but we cannot accommodate children under the age of 8 unless they are already proficient with the game and can read very well.
- Card trading is done at the children’s own risk, we do not regulate trading.
Thanks everyone and have fun playing!